Sweet and simple pumpkin cookie recipe
A traditional favorite that is the favorite of my untraditional daughter
The day my daughter Whitney was born, I knew I was in for a ride. She was a spitfire with a shock of black hair and a mind that could devise schemes even as a toddler. She could even convince her twin sister, her exact opposite — Ashley was a low-key blue-eyed blonde — to help her in her plots of terror.
And now she has a child of her own. That's right, its payback time, and it's going to be sweet.And while Whitney has her dark side, there is an equally sweet one. She loves her mama's cooking, and that always wins me over.
One of Whitney's favorite treats is one of my most simple recipes. These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies would tame her and bring on lots of loving praise. I guess it is time to let on how very easy they are.Three-ingredient recipes are wonderful, and this one is definitely a favorite. Not only are they easy, but they are so moist and delicious that you will think they took hours to make. And forget about only making them during the holiday season, these wonderful cookies can be made year-round.
So unleash your inner wild child and whip up a batch. Forget telling anyone how easy they were, just sit back and smile.
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 box spice cake mix
1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 cup chocolate chips
Mix together and place by teaspoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Cool on racks.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- Book review: Brandon Sanderson's 'Words of...
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 47
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 19
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate... 11
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 9
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 6
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 5