Ravell Call, Deseret News
Intrigued by the rise of Mia Love, I viewed her issues. What I found was a mere 770 words riddled with pabulum and platitudes. For someone who praises personal responsibility as one of her three issues, it shortchanges voters seeking answers.
Brevity may be the soul of wit but, it is no laughing matter when it comes to leading our nation. We face tremendous problems that demand real thought and substance, not facile homilies. Some people enter politics to do something and others to be something. Love is clearly the latter. It is time to end this Love affair.
Salt Lake City
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Letter: No prison deficit
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30