Ravell Call, Deseret News
Intrigued by the rise of Mia Love, I viewed her issues. What I found was a mere 770 words riddled with pabulum and platitudes. For someone who praises personal responsibility as one of her three issues, it shortchanges voters seeking answers.
Brevity may be the soul of wit but, it is no laughing matter when it comes to leading our nation. We face tremendous problems that demand real thought and substance, not facile homilies. Some people enter politics to do something and others to be something. Love is clearly the latter. It is time to end this Love affair.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 68
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 19
- Letter: Where's the action? 17