Ravell Call, Deseret News
Intrigued by the rise of Mia Love, I viewed her issues. What I found was a mere 770 words riddled with pabulum and platitudes. For someone who praises personal responsibility as one of her three issues, it shortchanges voters seeking answers.
Brevity may be the soul of wit but, it is no laughing matter when it comes to leading our nation. We face tremendous problems that demand real thought and substance, not facile homilies. Some people enter politics to do something and others to be something. Love is clearly the latter. It is time to end this Love affair.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24