Joseph Smith's division of the 1834 Camp of Israel, later referred to as Zion's Camp, passed through Greencastle, Ind., on May 23, 1834. It was about this time that they had noticed a change of geography from flat plains to rolling hills with marshy bottoms.
The group camped some four miles from the town of Greencastle, probably on Big Walnut Creek, above.
The extant log home, right, was standing and in use in Greencastle at the time the Prophet and members of his group marched through that little town.
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Families featured in 'Meet the Mormons' show...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 9
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Families featured in 'Meet the Mormons'... 7
- How your faith can impact your personal... 6