Joseph Smith's division of the 1834 Camp of Israel, later referred to as Zion's Camp, passed through Greencastle, Ind., on May 23, 1834. It was about this time that they had noticed a change of geography from flat plains to rolling hills with marshy bottoms.
The group camped some four miles from the town of Greencastle, probably on Big Walnut Creek, above.
The extant log home, right, was standing and in use in Greencastle at the time the Prophet and members of his group marched through that little town.
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 108
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 39
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 37
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 35
- New friends plan to work together to... 29
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 15