Alex Brandon, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Alex Rodriguez carried the New York Yankees to the 2009 World Series title with an amazing power display. His more recent postseason memories all too often involve ending with a swing and a miss.
A-Rod struck out to end the Yankees' 3-2 loss to the Baltimore Orioles in Game 2 of their division series Monday night, and calls to drop him from the No. 3 spot in the lineup and give Robinson Cano more at-bats have been rising with every empty flail of the bat.
There have been plenty of those: He is 1 for 9 against the upstart Orioles with five strikeouts.
He'll have the chance to turn things around Wednesday night when the best of five series tied 1-1 returns to New York for Game 3.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32