Alex Brandon, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Alex Rodriguez carried the New York Yankees to the 2009 World Series title with an amazing power display. His more recent postseason memories all too often involve ending with a swing and a miss.
A-Rod struck out to end the Yankees' 3-2 loss to the Baltimore Orioles in Game 2 of their division series Monday night, and calls to drop him from the No. 3 spot in the lineup and give Robinson Cano more at-bats have been rising with every empty flail of the bat.
There have been plenty of those: He is 1 for 9 against the upstart Orioles with five strikeouts.
He'll have the chance to turn things around Wednesday night when the best of five series tied 1-1 returns to New York for Game 3.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19