Alex Brandon, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Alex Rodriguez carried the New York Yankees to the 2009 World Series title with an amazing power display. His more recent postseason memories all too often involve ending with a swing and a miss.
A-Rod struck out to end the Yankees' 3-2 loss to the Baltimore Orioles in Game 2 of their division series Monday night, and calls to drop him from the No. 3 spot in the lineup and give Robinson Cano more at-bats have been rising with every empty flail of the bat.
There have been plenty of those: He is 1 for 9 against the upstart Orioles with five strikeouts.
He'll have the chance to turn things around Wednesday night when the best of five series tied 1-1 returns to New York for Game 3.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32