Alex Brandon, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Alex Rodriguez carried the New York Yankees to the 2009 World Series title with an amazing power display. His more recent postseason memories all too often involve ending with a swing and a miss.
A-Rod struck out to end the Yankees' 3-2 loss to the Baltimore Orioles in Game 2 of their division series Monday night, and calls to drop him from the No. 3 spot in the lineup and give Robinson Cano more at-bats have been rising with every empty flail of the bat.
There have been plenty of those: He is 1 for 9 against the upstart Orioles with five strikeouts.
He'll have the chance to turn things around Wednesday night when the best of five series tied 1-1 returns to New York for Game 3.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 40
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 26