The four-time Pro Bowler and former Defensive Player of the Year added he's not sure all teams are being treated equally, saying he frequently sees players from different teams commit similar acts. One player will get fined while the other avoids trouble altogether.
"I just think they need to display or execute the rules evenly across the board," Harrison said.
Cornerback Ike Taylor is a little more diplomatic, saying the referees have "a tough job" and that "life ain't fair" while nose tackle Casey Hampton says it's nearly impossible to avoid certain collisions.
"You try to hit a guy that's moving full speed and see if you're not going to hit him in the head every now and then," Hampton said. "It's just part of this business, something you've got to work on. Not sure how much more you can do."
What the Steelers know they have to do, however, is be on their best behavior. Colon, who switched from right tackle to left guard this season, admits he didn't make it difficult on the refs against the Eagles. He allowed his four holding calls were all pretty blatant and blamed his own poor technique and overaggression for drawing the attention of the umpire.
"I've got to do a better job," Colon said. "If they're targeting me, I've got to give them a reason not to."
Tomlin remains optimistic his team will fall back into the norm and while players like Colon can work on their form, Tomlin will never make his players apologize for playing hard.
"I'd rather say 'whoa' than 'sic'em,'" Tomlin said.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13