LACEY HANCOCK, Pine View, tennis: Hancock earned her second consecutive tennis state championship on Saturday. She rolled through the first singles division of the 3A state tournament, losing just three games in two days of competition.
Just a sophomore, Hancock has played tennis since she was three years old but said she didn't get serious about it until age 11. She is a 4.0 student and would like to play tennis in college.
KYLE JOHNSON, Sky View, football: At just 5-foot-8 and 175 pounds, Johnson is leading the state in tackles.
The Sky View senior has totaled 109 tackles in eight games this season, averaging 13.6 tackles an outing. He has also recorded an interception, caused two fumbles and recovered one, had 0.5 sacks and four hurries.
Johnson had a career-high 20 tackles in a Sept. 14 loss to Mountain Crest, and had eight tackles on Friday to help the Bobcats in their come-from-behind victory over Roy.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0