LACEY HANCOCK, Pine View, tennis: Hancock earned her second consecutive tennis state championship on Saturday. She rolled through the first singles division of the 3A state tournament, losing just three games in two days of competition.
Just a sophomore, Hancock has played tennis since she was three years old but said she didn't get serious about it until age 11. She is a 4.0 student and would like to play tennis in college.
KYLE JOHNSON, Sky View, football: At just 5-foot-8 and 175 pounds, Johnson is leading the state in tackles.
The Sky View senior has totaled 109 tackles in eight games this season, averaging 13.6 tackles an outing. He has also recorded an interception, caused two fumbles and recovered one, had 0.5 sacks and four hurries.
Johnson had a career-high 20 tackles in a Sept. 14 loss to Mountain Crest, and had eight tackles on Friday to help the Bobcats in their come-from-behind victory over Roy.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43