As I watched the first presidential debate, I realized that President Barack Obama had more on his plate than just preparing for the debate. Gov. Mitt Romney had all the time in the world to prepare. Every day our president has to think and worry about the economy, the war in Afghanistan, the trouble in Iran and Israel, possible terrorist attacks, etc.
Also, when Romney was attacking public TV and Big Bird, I thought what's next, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28