Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — This weekend, more than 100,000 people visited the Conference Center for the 182nd Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
These LDS Church members gathered to listen to more than 30 leaders share messages of faith and counsel, while the rest of the 14 million members were able to watch or listen via television, Internet or radio.
The Conference Center, which opened in 2000, seats approximately 21,000 people and usually fills to capacity for each of the five sessions.
Here is a time-lapse video, produced by Deseret Digital Media, of attendees entering and leaving the Conference Center for the Saturday morning session.
Produced by Kyle Christensen
Filmed by Mo Mqomboti, David Moncion and Kyle Christensen
Edited by David Moncion
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 154
- Why I don’t call myself a... 91
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 62
- What Mormons should know about NBC's... 51
- Kara Tippetts, Christian who blogged... 26
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 14