Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — This weekend, more than 100,000 people visited the Conference Center for the 182nd Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
These LDS Church members gathered to listen to more than 30 leaders share messages of faith and counsel, while the rest of the 14 million members were able to watch or listen via television, Internet or radio.
The Conference Center, which opened in 2000, seats approximately 21,000 people and usually fills to capacity for each of the five sessions.
Here is a time-lapse video, produced by Deseret Digital Media, of attendees entering and leaving the Conference Center for the Saturday morning session.
Produced by Kyle Christensen
Filmed by Mo Mqomboti, David Moncion and Kyle Christensen
Edited by David Moncion
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Students' moving video on the Christmas truce...
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 44
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 20
- Christmas without Jesus 19
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 16
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 10
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 8