ATLANTA — Josh Smith scored 21 points, Lou Williams added 18 and the Atlanta Hawks beat the Miami Heat 92-79 in a preseason game Sunday.
Chris Bosh finished with 22 points, and LeBron James had 10 for the defending NBA champion Heat, who played without Dwyane Wade as the star guard recovers from surgery on his left knee.
Ray Allen, making Miami debut, had 10 points and five assists in 27 minutes.
Devin Harris (right knee) and Zaza Pachulia (groin) were held out by Atlanta.
Wade is expected to travel with the Heat for a seven-day trip to China that will include exhibition games against the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday and next Sunday.
James had six rebounds and a game-high six assists in 24 minutes.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 58
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45