ATLANTA — Josh Smith scored 21 points, Lou Williams added 18 and the Atlanta Hawks beat the Miami Heat 92-79 in a preseason game Sunday.
Chris Bosh finished with 22 points, and LeBron James had 10 for the defending NBA champion Heat, who played without Dwyane Wade as the star guard recovers from surgery on his left knee.
Ray Allen, making Miami debut, had 10 points and five assists in 27 minutes.
Devin Harris (right knee) and Zaza Pachulia (groin) were held out by Atlanta.
Wade is expected to travel with the Heat for a seven-day trip to China that will include exhibition games against the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday and next Sunday.
James had six rebounds and a game-high six assists in 24 minutes.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15