Disney is counting on good reviews and positive audience reaction to keep "Frankenweenie" afloat through Halloween and beyond.
"The movie itself is going to be its best selling tool," said Dave Hollis, Disney's head of distribution. "You have people coming out of the theaters, they've had a great experience, and they're telling their friends."
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are also included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
1. "Taken 2," $50 million ($55 million international).
2. "Hotel Transylvania," $26.3 million ($13.1 million international).
3. "Pitch Perfect," $14.7 million.
4. "Looper," $12.2 million.
5. "Frankenweenie," $11.5 million.
6. "End of Watch," $4 million.
7. "Trouble with the Curve," $3.9 million.
8. "House at the End of the Street," $3.7 million.
9. "The Master," $1.8 million.
10. "Finding Nemo," $1.6 million ($600,000 international).
Universal and Focus are owned by NBC Universal, a unit of Comcast Corp.; Sony, Columbia, Sony Screen Gems and Sony Pictures Classics are units of Sony Corp.; Paramount is owned by Viacom Inc.; Disney, Pixar and Marvel are owned by The Walt Disney Co.; Miramax is owned by Filmyard Holdings LLC; 20th Century Fox and Fox Searchlight are owned by News Corp.; Warner Bros. and New Line are units of Time Warner Inc.; MGM is owned by a group of former creditors including Highland Capital, Anchorage Advisors and Carl Icahn; Lionsgate is owned by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.; IFC is owned by AMC Networks Inc.; Rogue is owned by Relativity Media LLC.
- Broadway composer Frank Wildhorn visits...
- Book review: Long-awaited 'Raven King' ends...
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney films...
- Utah Opera to explore love in Mozart's...
- Dan Wells talks about right, wrong in horror...
- Book review: 'The Nest' turns dreams and...
- Former Prince assistant says he was healthy,...
- Rolling Stones ask Trump to stop playing...
- Utah agrees not enforce obscenity law... 13
- Rolling Stones ask Trump to stop... 6
- Official: Utah teacher violated policy... 6
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for... 2
- Cosby tries again to delay criminal... 1
- Dan Wells talks about right, wrong in... 1
- Utah Symphony gets standing ovation at... 1
- Former Prince assistant says he was... 0