Riccardo De Luca, Associated Press
MILAN — American Michael Bradley scored his first goal for Roma in a 2-0 win against Atalanta in Serie A on Sunday.
The United States midfielder sealed the game in the 62nd minute after Atalanta goalkeeper Andrea Consigli spilled Mattia Destro's powerful effort.
Erik Lamela gave Roma the lead on the half hour, playing a smart one-two with Francesco Totti before slotting it past the onrushing Consigli.
Both teams hit the bar in the first half, with Maxi Moralez first smashing his effort off the woodwork from six yards in the 17th as Atalanta came close.
Destro volleyed Lamela's header off the crossbar two minutes from halftime.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25