Riccardo De Luca, Associated Press
MILAN — American Michael Bradley scored his first goal for Roma in a 2-0 win against Atalanta in Serie A on Sunday.
The United States midfielder sealed the game in the 62nd minute after Atalanta goalkeeper Andrea Consigli spilled Mattia Destro's powerful effort.
Erik Lamela gave Roma the lead on the half hour, playing a smart one-two with Francesco Totti before slotting it past the onrushing Consigli.
Both teams hit the bar in the first half, with Maxi Moralez first smashing his effort off the woodwork from six yards in the 17th as Atalanta came close.
Destro volleyed Lamela's header off the crossbar two minutes from halftime.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 26
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25