Riccardo De Luca, Associated Press
MILAN — American Michael Bradley scored his first goal for Roma in a 2-0 win against Atalanta in Serie A on Sunday.
The United States midfielder sealed the game in the 62nd minute after Atalanta goalkeeper Andrea Consigli spilled Mattia Destro's powerful effort.
Erik Lamela gave Roma the lead on the half hour, playing a smart one-two with Francesco Totti before slotting it past the onrushing Consigli.
Both teams hit the bar in the first half, with Maxi Moralez first smashing his effort off the woodwork from six yards in the 17th as Atalanta came close.
Destro volleyed Lamela's header off the crossbar two minutes from halftime.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- BYU seeks first conference victory when...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 39
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 22
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong... 18
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15