Southern Utah University football: SUU falls to Sac State, Dixie State and Snow College win
CEDAR CITY — Sacramento State came from behind in the fourth quarter to beat Southern Utah 27-22 on Saturday afternoon.
Brad Sorenson was 20 of 32 attempts for 327 passing yards for Southern Utah (2-4, 1-2 Big Sky). Griff McNabb scored on a 28-yard pass from Sorenson, and Colton Cook made three field goals, including a 43-yarder, and an extra point to put Southern Utah up 16-7 at halftime. But Southern Utah was unable to score in the fourth quarter.
SNOW COLLEGE 45, PIMA COLLEGE 14: At Ephraim, the No. 9-ranked Badgers improved their record in the Western States Football League to 3-0 and 5-1 overall.
Breon Allen rushed for 152 yards on 23 carries with two touchdowns and added three receptions for 37 yards and another score. His performance against Pima puts Allen at 925 yards and 12 touchdowns rushing for the season.
DIXIE STATE 29, CENTRAL WASHINGTON 21: At St. George, iIn a game of scoring runs, Dixie State took an early 10-0 lead. Central Washington then rattled off 21 unanswered points, only to see the host Red Storm rally behind junior quarterback Griff Robles for the final 19 points of the game to stun the previously league unbeaten Wildcats.
Dixie State set school single game records with 478 passing yards and for the first time eclipsed the 500-yard mark for total offense (585) to improve to 3-3 on the year and 3-2 in the Great Northwest Athletic Conference. The win was the first for DSC over the Wildcats in nine all-time meetings in the Storm's NCAA tenure.
Robles (12-of-19, 244, 1 pass TD, 1 rush TD) entered the game in the third quarter after a pair of Kaleo Nawahine interceptions capped the Wildcat run of points with nine minutes left in the third quarter. The junior completed all three passes in his opening drive including a 56-yard touchdown to Matt Porrazzo.
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU downs BYU...
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Rock On: Bronco misses the mark, Utes given...
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 62
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 42
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 42
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 32
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 30