Utah Jazz: 4 big men give Jazz plenty of options — and tough decisions, too
"What's best for the team now will end up being the best thing for him also, because he's still growing," Corbin said of 21-year-old Favors. "He's young. Enes is young. They're learning a lot. They have great guys to learn from, Al and Paul and Mo (Williams) and Marvin (Williams), veteran guys in this league. (They'll) do a great job of showing him things through the course of this year."
Jefferson acted like outsiders are more concerned about minutes distribution than those on the team.
The Jazz, he said, have something more important, more team-oriented, in mind for the 2012-13 season.
He'd consider the playoffs his payoff for watching guys like Kanter and Favors help the Jazz succeed.
"It's all about winning. If my minutes get cut and we winning, why would I complain? It's all about winning," Jefferson said. "I'd rather get my minutes cut and win than play a lot of minutes and lose. Right now at my point of my career, it's no more 'I' in team."
Making it redundantly clear that it's not about the Hokey Pokey or about whining, Jefferson added another time, "It's all about winning."
Big deal or dilemma?
C, 9th year
Minutes: 34.0 avg.
Points: 19.2 avg.
Rebounds: 9.6 avg.
PF, 7th year
Minutes: 32.8 avg.
Points: 16.6 avg.
Rebounds: 8.8 avg.
PF, 3rd year
Minutes: 21.2 avg.
Points: 8.8 avg.
Rebounds: 6.5 avg.
C, 2nd year
Minutes: 13.2 avg.
Points: 4.6 avg.
Rebounds: 4.2 avg.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's unexpected NCAA qualifier...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade their...
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- How to get a ballpark-like lawn (+video)
- Living the dream: Controlled hoarding for a...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 120
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 66
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 32
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 24
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8