BYU football: Taysom Hill's knee injury may be season ending
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
PROVO BYU freshman quarterback Taysom Hill suffered a knee injury late in Friday's 6-3 victory over Utah State.
That much school officials confirmed Saturday.
Meanwhile, there are reports circulating that Hill's injury is season-ending.
According to BYU football media relations director Brett Pyne, "The extent of the injury and related status is currently being evaluated. Any updates will be provided Monday."
The injury apparently happened with a little more than one minute remaining in the game. The Cougars, nursing a three-point lead, had the ball and were attempting to run out the clock. Hill took the snap and run up the middle and absorbed a hard hit to his knee.
On the night, Hill had 19 carries. After the game, Hill spoke to the media and said he didn't have a problem with running the ball that many times.
BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall said late Friday night that senior quarterback Riley Nelson, who has been battling a back injury and has been sidelined the past two weeks, would start next Saturday against Oregon State if he is healthy.
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline about...
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why OU...
- Reports: Jackson Vroman found dead
- Jazz not expected to be a major player (or...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake Heaps'...
- Tyler Haws to play with Cleveland Cavaliers...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 49
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 42
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Upstill: Does Trey Lyles have what it... 16
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline... 12
- Utah State wide receiver/kick returner... 10