Mike Groll, Associated Press
WEST POINT, N.Y. — Trent Steelman rushed for 141 yards and scored three times, including a decisive 29-yard touchdown run with 45 seconds left, and Army beat Boston College 34-31 on Saturday to snap an eight-game losing streak.
After Grochowski's 20-yard field goal gave Army a 27-24 lead with 9:04 left, Boston College (1-4) awoke after a listless third quarter. Chase Rettig hit Johnathan Coleman for 30 yards and a 5-yard run by Andre Williams put the Eagles at the Army 24.
On the next play, Alex Amidon, who had five catches for 85 yards, darted around from the left side, took a handoff, and with Rettig leading the way raced untouched along the right side to give the Eagles a 31-27 lead with 6:11 left.
The Black Knights had one last chance to win it after forcing the Eagles to punt after three downs and Steelman won it with a stunning burst left.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 127
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 58
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33