Mike Groll, Associated Press
WEST POINT, N.Y. — Trent Steelman rushed for 141 yards and scored three times, including a decisive 29-yard touchdown run with 45 seconds left, and Army beat Boston College 34-31 on Saturday to snap an eight-game losing streak.
After Grochowski's 20-yard field goal gave Army a 27-24 lead with 9:04 left, Boston College (1-4) awoke after a listless third quarter. Chase Rettig hit Johnathan Coleman for 30 yards and a 5-yard run by Andre Williams put the Eagles at the Army 24.
On the next play, Alex Amidon, who had five catches for 85 yards, darted around from the left side, took a handoff, and with Rettig leading the way raced untouched along the right side to give the Eagles a 31-27 lead with 6:11 left.
The Black Knights had one last chance to win it after forcing the Eagles to punt after three downs and Steelman won it with a stunning burst left.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 63
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51