Mike Groll, Associated Press
WEST POINT, N.Y. — Trent Steelman rushed for 141 yards and scored three times, including a decisive 29-yard touchdown run with 45 seconds left, and Army beat Boston College 34-31 on Saturday to snap an eight-game losing streak.
After Grochowski's 20-yard field goal gave Army a 27-24 lead with 9:04 left, Boston College (1-4) awoke after a listless third quarter. Chase Rettig hit Johnathan Coleman for 30 yards and a 5-yard run by Andre Williams put the Eagles at the Army 24.
On the next play, Alex Amidon, who had five catches for 85 yards, darted around from the left side, took a handoff, and with Rettig leading the way raced untouched along the right side to give the Eagles a 31-27 lead with 6:11 left.
The Black Knights had one last chance to win it after forcing the Eagles to punt after three downs and Steelman won it with a stunning burst left.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 26
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20