"There is one simple daily practice that can make a difference for every member of the church," Elder Ballard said. "In your morning prayer each new day, ask Heavenly Father to guide you to recognize an opportunity to serve one of his precious children. Then go throughout the day with your heart full of faith and love, looking for someone to help. Stay focused on this, just like the honeybees focus on the flowers from which to gather nectar and pollen. ... Over time this (will) have a transformative effect upon all of our Heavenly Father's children through the extension of his love to them through us."
And Elder Neil L. Andersen provided a road map for leveraging pre-existing faith to overcome tough times. "You immerse yourself in the very things that helped build your core of faith," Elder Andersen said. "You exercise faith in Christ, you pray, you ponder the scriptures, you repent, you keep the commandments, and you serve others. ... Like the intense fire that transforms iron into steel, as we remain faithful during the fiery trial of our faith, we are spiritually refined and strengthened."
Other speakers during the afternoon session included Elders Larry Echo Hawk, Robert C. Gray and Scott D. Whiting, all members of the First Quorum of the Seventy.
Music for the session was provided by a choir of teenagers from Bennion and Taylorsville.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 57
- When Satan steals your motherhood 45
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14