Weber State football: Wildcats play better, but still lose to No. 20 Cal Poly 45-23
"For three quarters, we're in it," he said. "I'm proud of the way the guys started the game. They came out and they executed — great attitude, great energy, had some confidence, made some plays, got some confidence, went down and put some points on the board. So that was encouraging.
"We've just got to take these little, small victories and keep building on 'em," the Wildcats' coach said. "We're not going to make excuses for that fourth quarter, we're not going to cry and whine about it and kick rocks and, you know, woe is me. We've got to take these little, small victories and build on it and keep moving forward."
GAME NOTES: Weber State junior linebacker Anthony Morales recorded a career-high 17 tackles, and McClain's 46-yard field goal was a career-long kick. ... To add to the Wildcats' woes, junior safety/punter Tony Epperson, who led the nation in punting coming into the game with an average of 48 yards per kick, tore the MCL in his right knee in the third quarter and will be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34