John Minchillo, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Daredevil stuntman David Blaine lit up New York's Pier 54 on Friday for his latest high voltage feat.
The illusionist will spend the next three days and nights standing in the middle of a million volts of electric currents streamed by tesla coils.
The stunt is called "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On."
Spectators can type messages to Blaine and control the electricity around him while on site or at viewing stations in London, Beijing, Tokyo and Sydney.
"Electrified" also will be streamed on YouTube.
The 39-year-old is wearing a chainmail bodysuit as a barrier between himself and the electric currents.
Blaine's past stunts include hanging upside down over Central Park, being buried alive and encased in a block of ice.
Follow Nicole Evatt on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
- From 0.3 to 81.1: What percentage of each...
- Small town residents: Chevron pizza 'scandal'...
- Half of millennials more likely to lean...
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- 23 Mormon missionaries in Ukraine transferred...
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for school to...
- Obama administration allows 2-year extension...
- Russian President Vladimir Putin declares...
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 51
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 21
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 12
- Obama appeals to Democrats in 2015... 11
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- Ukrainian software professionals... 10