Expanding Medicaid is free for three years and 90 percent free after that ("Expanding health care," Readers' Forum, Sept. 29)?
Where do you think the money comes from? It is from working people's taxes or they print more, making what we have worth less.
The government cannot give anyone something they do not first take from someone else. There is no such thing as a free ride — someone always has to pay.
I for one, am tired of the freeloaders who expect everything handed to them without the bother of working and taking responsibility for themselves.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37