Expanding Medicaid is free for three years and 90 percent free after that ("Expanding health care," Readers' Forum, Sept. 29)?
Where do you think the money comes from? It is from working people's taxes or they print more, making what we have worth less.
The government cannot give anyone something they do not first take from someone else. There is no such thing as a free ride — someone always has to pay.
I for one, am tired of the freeloaders who expect everything handed to them without the bother of working and taking responsibility for themselves.
Salt Lake City
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 38
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 36