Expanding Medicaid is free for three years and 90 percent free after that ("Expanding health care," Readers' Forum, Sept. 29)?
Where do you think the money comes from? It is from working people's taxes or they print more, making what we have worth less.
The government cannot give anyone something they do not first take from someone else. There is no such thing as a free ride — someone always has to pay.
I for one, am tired of the freeloaders who expect everything handed to them without the bother of working and taking responsibility for themselves.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- My view: Women’s equality — 95...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- Letter: 20th-century achievements
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do with...
- Letter: Appalling attitude 84
- George F. Will: Immigration-related... 57
- Letter: Big money in politics 44
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 43
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 39
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 38
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 34