Expanding Medicaid is free for three years and 90 percent free after that ("Expanding health care," Readers' Forum, Sept. 29)?
Where do you think the money comes from? It is from working people's taxes or they print more, making what we have worth less.
The government cannot give anyone something they do not first take from someone else. There is no such thing as a free ride — someone always has to pay.
I for one, am tired of the freeloaders who expect everything handed to them without the bother of working and taking responsibility for themselves.
Salt Lake City
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 35
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30