Expanding Medicaid is free for three years and 90 percent free after that ("Expanding health care," Readers' Forum, Sept. 29)?
Where do you think the money comes from? It is from working people's taxes or they print more, making what we have worth less.
The government cannot give anyone something they do not first take from someone else. There is no such thing as a free ride — someone always has to pay.
I for one, am tired of the freeloaders who expect everything handed to them without the bother of working and taking responsibility for themselves.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 26
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 25
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21