Utah Jazz notebook: Newcomer Randy Foye agrees rumors about Jazz being first class are true
"I wore some Utah red. It was a good atmosphere, though. That's the first time I've went to one of their games."
INJURY UPDATE: Watson continues to heal from surgery he had on a torn meniscus in his left knee, an injury he suffered last April and one that forced him to miss Utah's final nine regular-season games, plus its first-round playoff series against San Antonio.
"It feels good, it's progressing," the veteran point guard said Friday. "I'm taking my time, being smart. I've never been hurt — this is my first time being hurt, ever, in my career — so you learn a lot when you get hurt. You know me, though, I played most of last year injured. … I learned a lot about myself. I learned about being patient and not rushing back.
"I was going full speed with no contact, but then I kinda pulled back. I've got to be smart about it. Camp is two-a-days, so I can't overdo it. I have no (return) date set. My main thing is coming back strong, being 100 percent when I get to play, and not have to worry about the effects the next day."
SCRIMMAGE SATURDAY: The Jazz will stage an intrasquad scrimmage, free and open to the public, today at 4 p.m. at EnergySolutions Arena.
Coach Tyrone Corbin was asked what he'd be looking for at today's scrimmage, which culminates training camp before Monday's preseason opener at Golden State.
"Getting comfortable with the plays," he said. "We've got to make sure that we continue to get to thinking out of the play, just trying to get the guys more comfortable with the offensive sets. The communication on the defensive end has to continue to get better.
"And then once we get into playing, just making sure that when we play the game, we do the things we talked about doing in practice and not get away from that. It will be a little more relaxed atmosphere because it's for the fans, but we're still continuing to grow and learn with each other."
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Friday fracas: Trevor Booker nearly hit, gets...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19 in AP,...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA:...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 44
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Friday morning QB: Three stars and five... 23