ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After giving up 86 points to the Patriots last year, the Denver Broncos realized just how far away they were from becoming a championship contender.
Following the Broncos' 45-10 loss at New England in the playoffs, coach John Fox pledged, "We will do everything we can to get better."
And they did.
They swapped Tim Tebow for Peyton Manning, retooled the offense and fortified their defense. They'll get to gauge just how much they've narrowed that gap Sunday when they visit Tom Brady and the Patriots.
Champ Bailey insists the gulf hasn't just been narrowed but closed entirely, suggesting the Broncos "know we can win" this time, something he's not so sure they believed nine months ago.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 33
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28