ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After giving up 86 points to the Patriots last year, the Denver Broncos realized just how far away they were from becoming a championship contender.
Following the Broncos' 45-10 loss at New England in the playoffs, coach John Fox pledged, "We will do everything we can to get better."
And they did.
They swapped Tim Tebow for Peyton Manning, retooled the offense and fortified their defense. They'll get to gauge just how much they've narrowed that gap Sunday when they visit Tom Brady and the Patriots.
Champ Bailey insists the gulf hasn't just been narrowed but closed entirely, suggesting the Broncos "know we can win" this time, something he's not so sure they believed nine months ago.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20