Watson finally has an 'authentic' high school experience — in film
For half her life, Watson's comfort zone was the sets for Hogwarts School in the Harry Potter films. Today, fans of that series may not have moved on, but Watson certainly has.
"Even though it wasn't so long ago that we finished with all that, it feels a VERY long way off — the distant past," she says. "I know that the entire series still feels very present for fans, because they can pop the DVD in and it's there, immediately. It's back! But not for me.
"It's something I am fond of having done, and very proud of. But I don't know how I'm going to feel about people hanging on to it or trying to relive it years down the road. We'll have to see."
Chbosky, her "Wallflower" director, sees instincts that "are going to give her a remarkable career" in the movies — an eagerness to work in ensembles, a generosity, and "because she chooses projects rather than parts." Watson is more interested in the whole movie, Chbosky says, than the number of lines she might have in it.
But with all this work lined up, you might fret that she won't ever have time to get to all the things she missed during her teens, which she says is still a priority. Watson herself is not worried.
"The shape of my life has been a bit odd. But it's not going to be any less full, as a result. I'll get around to it. All of it.
"I started to figure that out only recently, that everything, all those big life moments, will happen," she says. "But thanks to Harry Potter, they'll just happen out of order for me."
Dist. by MCT Information Services
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s...
- Book review: Brandon Sanderson's 'Words of...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 52
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate... 11
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 6
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 5