Eric Risberg, Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO — An unusual convergence of sporting and entertainment events in San Francisco this weekend promises to bring up to a million extra people into the densely populated bayside city.
City officials are firing up their emergency operations center and canceling days off for police.
The weekend will include the opening games of the San Francisco Giants divisional playoffs, a San Francisco 49ers game, the annual Fleet Week celebration featuring the Blue Angels and the America's Cup World Series yachting races.
Add to that mix a highly popular bluegrass festival in Golden Gate Park and street festivals in North Beach and elsewhere and it has the makings for jam-packed streets and transit challenges.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16