Joel Ryan, file, Associated Press
LONDON — Leona Lewis understands that One Direction fans are protective of their lads.
Since being linked with Liam Payne from the boy band, the British singer has seen endless discussions about her dating status on social networks. Lewis won't talk about who she is or isn't seeing at the moment, but knows that One Direction fans are watching her every move.
"They've got some amazing and crazy fans. They're like ride or die (all or nothing)," she said in an interview with The Associated Press.
As a result, the 27-year-old pop star says she rarely keeps up with the stories about herself.
"I've learned, like over the past few years, not to read stuff because most of it's untrue or like blown completely out of proportion. So I don't really play attention to it," she said.
After seven years in the spotlight, the former "X Factor" winner is back with a third studio album, "Glassheart." The first release from that is the new single "Trouble," which has her powering out a warning about being a "whole lot of trouble."
Lewis — who has a full-blown nice-girl reputation — laughs when asked if she's ever caused trouble in her own relationships.
"I try really hard at relationships," she said. "It's all about balance, 50/50 and working together."
Speaking in one of the London studios where she recorded her album, Lewis is just back from a trip to Milan Fashion Week. She's fond of following trends on her fashion blog and regularly updates fans with a photo of what she's wearing.
Lewis said it was an adjustment learning how to sit in the front row at a fashion show watching the clothes while everyone else was watching her.
"The first time I went to a fashion show, it was like a zoo. You like literally sit there, and there are a bunch of photographers, and people are like right here — like chch chch chch (makes camera noise) — for like half an hour."
She said at first she just wanted to stare at the floor, but then she was sitting with others who were more famous and that helped her relax.
"The first experience, actually, I didn't really enjoy it, but when I went to Milan this time, I had so much fun!" she said. "I knew what to expect, and you just kind of, just go with it."
"Trouble is being released in the U.K. on Sunday.
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- Video: Man uses 'random acts of pasta' to...
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- 12 holiday text messages that make you...
- A nation of Methuselahs: Is it possible for...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the...
- Barbie can be an engineer, but only if the...
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be... 24
- Evangelicals with gay children... 21
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the... 14
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- The factors that drive or deter teen sex 10
- EPA proposes stricter ozone standard;... 10
- Families have become the scapegoat of... 9
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth... 9