AUSTIN, Texas — The Texas Longhorns get their turn to try to stop Geno Smith and West Virginia.
Smith leads the No. 8 Mountaineers (4-0, 1-0) into Austin after passing for 656 yards and eight touchdowns in a wild 70-63 win over Baylor. He leads the nation in pass efficiency with an 83 percent completion rate, 20 touchdowns and no interceptions.
He's also facing a Texas defense struggling to live up to preseason expectations. No. 11 Texas (4-0, 1-0) has made a habit of giving up long touchdowns with poor tackling.
The game will be West Virginia's first on the road in the Big 12 and a win would send a statement the former Big East champs have every intention of winning their new league. Texas is just 2-6 at home in the Big 12 the last two seasons.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35