AUSTIN, Texas — The Texas Longhorns get their turn to try to stop Geno Smith and West Virginia.
Smith leads the No. 8 Mountaineers (4-0, 1-0) into Austin after passing for 656 yards and eight touchdowns in a wild 70-63 win over Baylor. He leads the nation in pass efficiency with an 83 percent completion rate, 20 touchdowns and no interceptions.
He's also facing a Texas defense struggling to live up to preseason expectations. No. 11 Texas (4-0, 1-0) has made a habit of giving up long touchdowns with poor tackling.
The game will be West Virginia's first on the road in the Big 12 and a win would send a statement the former Big East champs have every intention of winning their new league. Texas is just 2-6 at home in the Big 12 the last two seasons.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 37
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25