Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Some pro-Matheson ads claim that Mia Love is against police officers and against body armor for them. No, she is against having the federal government pay for these things.
When the federal government pays, then our taxes rise and we go even deeper into debt. Love knows that if we keep more of our money locally, and pay for things as states and communities, then we get more bang for our buck and have a lot more control.
Jim Matheson, on the other hand, is a big-spending, big-government politician whose approach only perpetuates a monstrous, out-of-control federal government. Love's wise approach would reverse this destructive trend.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14