Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Some pro-Matheson ads claim that Mia Love is against police officers and against body armor for them. No, she is against having the federal government pay for these things.
When the federal government pays, then our taxes rise and we go even deeper into debt. Love knows that if we keep more of our money locally, and pay for things as states and communities, then we get more bang for our buck and have a lot more control.
Jim Matheson, on the other hand, is a big-spending, big-government politician whose approach only perpetuates a monstrous, out-of-control federal government. Love's wise approach would reverse this destructive trend.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 139
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25