Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Some pro-Matheson ads claim that Mia Love is against police officers and against body armor for them. No, she is against having the federal government pay for these things.
When the federal government pays, then our taxes rise and we go even deeper into debt. Love knows that if we keep more of our money locally, and pay for things as states and communities, then we get more bang for our buck and have a lot more control.
Jim Matheson, on the other hand, is a big-spending, big-government politician whose approach only perpetuates a monstrous, out-of-control federal government. Love's wise approach would reverse this destructive trend.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26