Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Some pro-Matheson ads claim that Mia Love is against police officers and against body armor for them. No, she is against having the federal government pay for these things.
When the federal government pays, then our taxes rise and we go even deeper into debt. Love knows that if we keep more of our money locally, and pay for things as states and communities, then we get more bang for our buck and have a lot more control.
Jim Matheson, on the other hand, is a big-spending, big-government politician whose approach only perpetuates a monstrous, out-of-control federal government. Love's wise approach would reverse this destructive trend.
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15