Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
Eric Schulzke seems to perpetuate the notion that Romneycare and Obamacare are roughly the same ("How health care reform came to be," Oct. 2). This notion needs to be challenged as they are not the same. Romneycare is not the same as Obamacare.
First of all, Romneycare has no effect on me whatsoever. It has no effect on the citizens of Utah or any of the other states. The citizens of Massachusetts like it. They voted for it. If they do not like it, they can change it because alternative systems are still available.
When Obamacare gets fully entrenched it will literally destroy all of the alternative health care systems. All of the existing health insurance companies will be put out of business. All of their employees will be laid off; equipment and facilities will be sold or discarded and when they are gone it will be almost impossible to get them back.
Romneycare is more like an experiment in providing health care, is relatively small and run by a local state government. Obamacare will be 50 times bigger than Romneycare and will be run from Washington, D.C. It will not provide affordable health care for the American people. It will be a colossal nightmare.
Blaine R. McCann
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Letter: Police brutality
- In our opinion: UTA to reconnect?
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 76
- Letter: Police brutality 58
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 24
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23
- Letter: Parking questions 22