Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
Eric Schulzke seems to perpetuate the notion that Romneycare and Obamacare are roughly the same ("How health care reform came to be," Oct. 2). This notion needs to be challenged as they are not the same. Romneycare is not the same as Obamacare.
First of all, Romneycare has no effect on me whatsoever. It has no effect on the citizens of Utah or any of the other states. The citizens of Massachusetts like it. They voted for it. If they do not like it, they can change it because alternative systems are still available.
When Obamacare gets fully entrenched it will literally destroy all of the alternative health care systems. All of the existing health insurance companies will be put out of business. All of their employees will be laid off; equipment and facilities will be sold or discarded and when they are gone it will be almost impossible to get them back.
Romneycare is more like an experiment in providing health care, is relatively small and run by a local state government. Obamacare will be 50 times bigger than Romneycare and will be run from Washington, D.C. It will not provide affordable health care for the American people. It will be a colossal nightmare.
Blaine R. McCann
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- Letter: Golden goose
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 32
- President should not act without... 28