Jeff Roberson, Associated Press
ST. LOUIS — Sam Bradford threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to Lance Kendricks on the opening drive, and the St. Louis Rams led Arizona 7-3 after one quarter Thursday night.
The Rams, ranked 27th in offense, came out throwing, with Bradford completing passes of 14 yards to Brandon Gibson and 44 yards Danny Amendola on the first two plays from scrimmage in the game, setting up the score to Kendricks on third down. It was the first offensive touchdown in three games for St. Louis (2-2).
Arizona responded with a drive that lasted 9:24, ending with Jay Feely's 35-yard field goal. The Cardinals kept the drive alive with three third-down conversions. Larry Fitzgerald's 5-yard catch on the first play of the drive marked the 122nd straight game with a catch, a franchise record.
Arizona entered the game 4-0, joining Atlanta and Houston as the only remaining unbeaten teams. The Cardinals were still the St. Louis Cardinals the last time they were 4-0, in 1974. Known as the "Big Red," those Cardinals won their first seven that season en route to a 10-4 record, before losing in the first round of the playoffs to Minnesota.
This Cardinals are 11-2 since starting the 2011 season 1-6. They've also won seven straight games in St. Louis against their NFC West rival, and 10 of the last 11 overall against the Rams.
St. Louis has already matched last season's win total. The Rams are 2-0 at home after beating another NFC West foe, Seattle, on Sunday. If St. Louis wins, the Rams will be over .500 for the first time since they were 4-3 on Nov. 4, 2006.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 124
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 80
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 58
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33