Jeff Roberson, Associated Press
ST. LOUIS — Sam Bradford threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to Lance Kendricks on the opening drive, and the St. Louis Rams led Arizona 7-3 after one quarter Thursday night.
The Rams, ranked 27th in offense, came out throwing, with Bradford completing passes of 14 yards to Brandon Gibson and 44 yards Danny Amendola on the first two plays from scrimmage in the game, setting up the score to Kendricks on third down. It was the first offensive touchdown in three games for St. Louis (2-2).
Arizona responded with a drive that lasted 9:24, ending with Jay Feely's 35-yard field goal. The Cardinals kept the drive alive with three third-down conversions. Larry Fitzgerald's 5-yard catch on the first play of the drive marked the 122nd straight game with a catch, a franchise record.
Arizona entered the game 4-0, joining Atlanta and Houston as the only remaining unbeaten teams. The Cardinals were still the St. Louis Cardinals the last time they were 4-0, in 1974. Known as the "Big Red," those Cardinals won their first seven that season en route to a 10-4 record, before losing in the first round of the playoffs to Minnesota.
This Cardinals are 11-2 since starting the 2011 season 1-6. They've also won seven straight games in St. Louis against their NFC West rival, and 10 of the last 11 overall against the Rams.
St. Louis has already matched last season's win total. The Rams are 2-0 at home after beating another NFC West foe, Seattle, on Sunday. If St. Louis wins, the Rams will be over .500 for the first time since they were 4-3 on Nov. 4, 2006.
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 124
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 48
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14