BYU blog Deep Shades of Blue: Cougars' offensive line 'improved but untested'
Our take: In the wake of BYU's two tough losses to Utah and Boise State, the offensive line has undergone a transformation. Deep Shades of Blue's Brett Richins breaks down the changes and their effects:
The coaching staff needed to do something after BYU was getting pushed around up front and having trouble establishing a ground game. The Cougars even had some difficulty getting a consistent push against FCS opponent Weber State.
Weber's solution was to send center Blair Tushaus and guard Brock Stringham to the bench, and slide Braden Hansen from guard to center and bring in Famika Anae and Manaaki Vaitai to bookend Hansen on the interior of the line.
What You May Have Missed
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for BYU; 10...
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- A tale of two Hills at quarterback for BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Credit BYU's Rose for...
- It was historic weekend for BYU basketball...
- Monarchs announce new stadium proposal in...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 71
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 37