BYU blog Deep Shades of Blue: Cougars' offensive line 'improved but untested'
Our take: In the wake of BYU's two tough losses to Utah and Boise State, the offensive line has undergone a transformation. Deep Shades of Blue's Brett Richins breaks down the changes and their effects:
The coaching staff needed to do something after BYU was getting pushed around up front and having trouble establishing a ground game. The Cougars even had some difficulty getting a consistent push against FCS opponent Weber State.
Weber's solution was to send center Blair Tushaus and guard Brock Stringham to the bench, and slide Braden Hansen from guard to center and bring in Famika Anae and Manaaki Vaitai to bookend Hansen on the interior of the line.
What You May Have Missed
- Former UNC coach Dean Smith willed $200 to...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL president...
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date with...
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Brad Rock: Utes have Duked it out with big...
- NCAA 'service work' has been eye-opening for...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- BYU looking forward to an influx of... 54
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 20