BYU blog Deep Shades of Blue: Cougars' offensive line 'improved but untested'
Our take: In the wake of BYU's two tough losses to Utah and Boise State, the offensive line has undergone a transformation. Deep Shades of Blue's Brett Richins breaks down the changes and their effects:
The coaching staff needed to do something after BYU was getting pushed around up front and having trouble establishing a ground game. The Cougars even had some difficulty getting a consistent push against FCS opponent Weber State.
Weber's solution was to send center Blair Tushaus and guard Brock Stringham to the bench, and slide Braden Hansen from guard to center and bring in Famika Anae and Manaaki Vaitai to bookend Hansen on the interior of the line.
What You May Have Missed
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will...
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU fans...
- Nicholls State assistant football coach is...
- BYU's Bronson Kaufusi eager to display new...
- Reports: Former BYU star Brett Keisel agrees...
- BYU camp report: Taysom Hill throws a pair of...
- Rock On: BYU soccer star gone, not forgotten
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 131
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 92
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 70
- ESPN lists BYU and Utah State as... 64
- Dick Harmon: Will Utah State, BYU be... 46
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 44
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 40
- BYU's offense 'too sloppy' in scrimmage 29