DelVecchio is waiting to hear if his spin-off, "The Pauly D Project," will be picked up for a second season, while Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley recently wrapped up filming a sophomore installment of their series, "Snooki & JWoww." Farley, who recently got engaged to boyfriend Roger Mathews, isn't opposed to televising her possibly Las Vegas-set nuptials.
"I would only because my fans got to see my relationship unfold on 'Jersey Shore' — from meeting Roger to him asking me out on our first date, for our first and second anniversaries, so why not?" said Farley, who is counting her female "Jersey Shore" mates among her bridesmaids. "But Roger's a very private person, so I have to do some convincing."
Farley acknowledged that she sees parallels between the "Jersey Shore" cast and The Next Big Thing in guilty pleasure reality TV: "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," the popular TLC reality TV series about 6-year-old beauty pageant regular Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson and her family from McIntyre, Ga.
"I look at them like us because we're different in society," said Farley. "They're different in society, but they're such an amazing family, and we're an amazing family. Everyone loves them because they're themselves." She added: "They're funny. They're hysterical. There's nothing they're doing wrong. I love them for that."
MTV is a unit of Viacom Inc.
Associated Press Writer Alicia Rancilio in New York contributed to this report.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records, Benghazi...
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah man...
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal, Obama's...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Navy dolphins discover rare 19th-century torpedo
- 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' does $70.6M but...
- White House insists Obama was not involved in...
- Tea party looks to take advantage of moment
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 63
- Journalists push back against Obama... 21
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- White House insists Obama was not... 17
- House chairman sees IRS targeting as... 16
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal,... 12
- President Obama walking a familiar path... 11
- Tea party looks to take advantage of... 10