DelVecchio is waiting to hear if his spin-off, "The Pauly D Project," will be picked up for a second season, while Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley recently wrapped up filming a sophomore installment of their series, "Snooki & JWoww." Farley, who recently got engaged to boyfriend Roger Mathews, isn't opposed to televising her possibly Las Vegas-set nuptials.
"I would only because my fans got to see my relationship unfold on 'Jersey Shore' — from meeting Roger to him asking me out on our first date, for our first and second anniversaries, so why not?" said Farley, who is counting her female "Jersey Shore" mates among her bridesmaids. "But Roger's a very private person, so I have to do some convincing."
Farley acknowledged that she sees parallels between the "Jersey Shore" cast and The Next Big Thing in guilty pleasure reality TV: "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," the popular TLC reality TV series about 6-year-old beauty pageant regular Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson and her family from McIntyre, Ga.
"I look at them like us because we're different in society," said Farley. "They're different in society, but they're such an amazing family, and we're an amazing family. Everyone loves them because they're themselves." She added: "They're funny. They're hysterical. There's nothing they're doing wrong. I love them for that."
MTV is a unit of Viacom Inc.
Associated Press Writer Alicia Rancilio in New York contributed to this report.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach Europe...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- Six Ferguson officers face federal lawsuits...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- Fear spreads as Ebola moves from remote areas...
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad rights...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 10