DelVecchio is waiting to hear if his spin-off, "The Pauly D Project," will be picked up for a second season, while Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley recently wrapped up filming a sophomore installment of their series, "Snooki & JWoww." Farley, who recently got engaged to boyfriend Roger Mathews, isn't opposed to televising her possibly Las Vegas-set nuptials.
"I would only because my fans got to see my relationship unfold on 'Jersey Shore' — from meeting Roger to him asking me out on our first date, for our first and second anniversaries, so why not?" said Farley, who is counting her female "Jersey Shore" mates among her bridesmaids. "But Roger's a very private person, so I have to do some convincing."
Farley acknowledged that she sees parallels between the "Jersey Shore" cast and The Next Big Thing in guilty pleasure reality TV: "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," the popular TLC reality TV series about 6-year-old beauty pageant regular Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson and her family from McIntyre, Ga.
"I look at them like us because we're different in society," said Farley. "They're different in society, but they're such an amazing family, and we're an amazing family. Everyone loves them because they're themselves." She added: "They're funny. They're hysterical. There's nothing they're doing wrong. I love them for that."
MTV is a unit of Viacom Inc.
Associated Press Writer Alicia Rancilio in New York contributed to this report.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- Poll: Two-thirds of US would struggle to...
- US home sales growth driven mostly by Midwest
- Pentagon: US airstrike targets Taliban leader...
- Top US commander makes secret visit to Syria
- Smoke, cockpit woes signal chaotic finale for...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- Anti-Trump protests turn violent... 45
- Clinton calls Trump's gun policies... 38
- Clinton faulted on emails by State... 35
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 22
- Obama: World leaders rightfully... 20
- If Hillary becomes president, will she... 19
- Q&A: Is the 'math myth' holding back... 18
- 'A world without nuclear... 16