Dmitry Lovetsky, Associated Press
ROME — AC Milan and Inter need to switch their focus to Sunday's Milan derby in a hurry following lengthy midweek trips to eastern Europe.
Milan stifled a Zenit St. Petersburg comeback for a 3-2 win in an action-packed Champions League match in Russia on Wednesday, while Inter was facing Neftchi in a Europa League game in Baku, Azerbaijan, on Thursday.
After slow starts to the season, both clubs are starting to find their form.
Milan teenager Stephen El Shaarawy has scored five goals in his last four matches, while Diego Milito and Antonio Cassano are forming a potent attack tandem for Inter.
While Inter is tied for third, four points behind co-leaders Juventus and Napoli, Milan is in the bottom half of the standings, nine points behind.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 61
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 23
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20