SALT LAKE CITY — Two Utah candidates and one from Massachusetts have been named finalists for the Utah state superintendent job.
The finalists include Provo School District associate superintendent Gregory Hudnall, deputy state superintendent Martell Menlove, and Massachusetts-based education consultant Michael Sentance.
The Utah State Board of Education will interview the three candidates on Monday, and plans to name a new superintendent then.
The winning candidate will take the place of superintendent Larry Shumway, who announced in September that he'd retire at the first of the year.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Orem construction fire believed to be arson,...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15