SALT LAKE CITY — Two Utah candidates and one from Massachusetts have been named finalists for the Utah state superintendent job.
The finalists include Provo School District associate superintendent Gregory Hudnall, deputy state superintendent Martell Menlove, and Massachusetts-based education consultant Michael Sentance.
The Utah State Board of Education will interview the three candidates on Monday, and plans to name a new superintendent then.
The winning candidate will take the place of superintendent Larry Shumway, who announced in September that he'd retire at the first of the year.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8