SALT LAKE CITY — Two Utah candidates and one from Massachusetts have been named finalists for the Utah state superintendent job.
The finalists include Provo School District associate superintendent Gregory Hudnall, deputy state superintendent Martell Menlove, and Massachusetts-based education consultant Michael Sentance.
The Utah State Board of Education will interview the three candidates on Monday, and plans to name a new superintendent then.
The winning candidate will take the place of superintendent Larry Shumway, who announced in September that he'd retire at the first of the year.
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Top Ten Spring Activities for Utah Families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24