Eric Gay, Associated Press
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Coach Mike Munchak says veteran Matt Hasselbeck will be the starting quarterback Sunday when the Titans visit Minnesota.
Munchak says Jake Locker will not dress while his injured left shoulder continues to heal. Locker dislocated his non-throwing shoulder for the second time in four games when sacked in last week's 38-14 loss at Houston.
Munchak said Wednesday that Locker's shoulder has not improved over the past day and remains just as sore. The Titans (1-3) host Pittsburgh on Oct. 11, so they face a quick turnaround.
But the coach says whether Locker misses more than one start will depend on how quickly the quarterback recovers. Munchak says they will reassess how Locker is feeling before making a decision beyond Sunday.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34