Virginia quarterback Phillips Sims says he's not Superman.
The Alabama transfer and likely starter Saturday when the struggling Cavaliers (2-3) play at Duke (4-1) says he's only being asked to do what he can within the framework of the team's offense.
Coach Mike London says Sims "will more than likely be the starter for us." The coach has said the holdup in making it official is ensuring the leg injury Sims suffered last week has sufficiently healed. London says Sims has moved well in practice, and Sims says the injury is no big deal.
The Cavaliers have lost three straight, and Michael Rocco has thrown five interceptions in the past two games — eight on the season.
Sims has five TD tosses and no interceptions in a backup role.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21