Virginia quarterback Phillips Sims says he's not Superman.
The Alabama transfer and likely starter Saturday when the struggling Cavaliers (2-3) play at Duke (4-1) says he's only being asked to do what he can within the framework of the team's offense.
Coach Mike London says Sims "will more than likely be the starter for us." The coach has said the holdup in making it official is ensuring the leg injury Sims suffered last week has sufficiently healed. London says Sims has moved well in practice, and Sims says the injury is no big deal.
The Cavaliers have lost three straight, and Michael Rocco has thrown five interceptions in the past two games — eight on the season.
Sims has five TD tosses and no interceptions in a backup role.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- BYU football: Jamaal Williams provides...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42