Meanwhile, BYU offensive coordinator Brandon Doman knows that Utah State's defense can cause trouble for his offense, which is still trying to find a rhythm. While the run game amassed 396 yards last week against Hawaii, the passing game has work to do.
The Aggie defense is formidable, Doman said.
"They play really hard and they're coached really well. That combination poses a lot of threats. They do a lot of different things defensively — they change up the coverage, they change up the fronts, they change up the blitzes. When players know what to do, they play fast."
"They're a very well-coached team. They're very disciplined," said Cougar quarterback Taysom Hill. "They don't run crazy defensive schemes as far as their coverages, but they get to it in different ways that offenses aren't used to. They're a good defense. They're not going to give up the big play. But hopefully we'll be able to march downfield on them … We'll have to see what works on Friday."
Cougars, Aggies on the air
Utah State (4-1)
at BYU (3-2)
Friday, 8:15 p.m. MT
LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo
TV: ESPN Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
- Dick Harmon: BYU exits Las Vegas in a...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast Washington...
- BYU football: Cougar corner Trent Trammell...
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth's knee...
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has torn...
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early lead,...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 74
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 67
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 53
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32
- Utah basketball: Delon Wright makes... 23