David Goldman, ASSOCIATED PRESS
DENVER (AP) — Sen. Marco Rubio is urging Coloradans to back Mitt Romney for the sake of America.
The Florida Republican told several hundred supporters at the National Western Complex in Denver Wednesday morning that President Barack Obama's policies are destroying the country's unique middle class. He quoted vice president Joe Biden's statement that over the past four years the middle class has been "buried."
The son of Cuban immigrants contended that the sort of government-centric policies the Democrats are using have never worked anywhere in the world.
Rubio appeared in Colorado a day after stumping for Romney in Nevada. He's part of a parade of political types here for the first presidential debate at the University of Denver.
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- Ferguson businesses torched in overnight...
- In New Zealand, feud over fate of 1902 corpse...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Latinos are 'very optimistic' about America's...
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull options
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 18
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 15
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13