Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Lately, I've read letters daily from Mia Love supporters, attacking her opponent while calling her courageous and a breath of fresh air. Huh? What's fresh? Is Love really that much different than fellow tea party officials, Jason Chaffetz or Mike Lee? We already have too many of those partisan team players who have created the most dysfunctional Congress ever.
If she really was a breath of fresh air, as her supporters make her out to be, why not campaign on breaking up the big banks, regulating Wall Street and cutting out of control defense and foreign aid handouts? Why campaign against college students and the EPA?
If she really wants to be courageous, she should suggest compromise, not obstruction, admit that tax increases and spending cuts are necessary, support the president no matter which one is elected and actually pass legislation that would benefit America rather than only pass/block legislation that scores political points for her party.
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 43
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30