Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
Rep. Jim Matheson keeps crowing about Utah values, but when the House meets to organize at the start of every Congress, he votes to caucus with the Democrats. By this vote, he proves that his real desire is for Nancy Pelosi to control the House chairmanships and its legislative agenda.
This action speaks louder than all his words and proves that he supports the Obama-Reid-Pelosi plan for bigger, more intrusive, more expensive government.
Michael A. Cosman
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 88
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 40
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 39
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 35