Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
Rep. Jim Matheson keeps crowing about Utah values, but when the House meets to organize at the start of every Congress, he votes to caucus with the Democrats. By this vote, he proves that his real desire is for Nancy Pelosi to control the House chairmanships and its legislative agenda.
This action speaks louder than all his words and proves that he supports the Obama-Reid-Pelosi plan for bigger, more intrusive, more expensive government.
Michael A. Cosman
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Medicare Advantage
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 43
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13