Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
Rep. Jim Matheson keeps crowing about Utah values, but when the House meets to organize at the start of every Congress, he votes to caucus with the Democrats. By this vote, he proves that his real desire is for Nancy Pelosi to control the House chairmanships and its legislative agenda.
This action speaks louder than all his words and proves that he supports the Obama-Reid-Pelosi plan for bigger, more intrusive, more expensive government.
Michael A. Cosman
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Letter: Religious freedom
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 51
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 27