Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
Rep. Jim Matheson keeps crowing about Utah values, but when the House meets to organize at the start of every Congress, he votes to caucus with the Democrats. By this vote, he proves that his real desire is for Nancy Pelosi to control the House chairmanships and its legislative agenda.
This action speaks louder than all his words and proves that he supports the Obama-Reid-Pelosi plan for bigger, more intrusive, more expensive government.
Michael A. Cosman
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- Drew Clark: Meaning of 'thou shalt not kill'...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- About Utah: Biggest weekend of the year at...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 56
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 52
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 44
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 32
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 25