Evan Agostini, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — David Blaine is spending the days leading up to his next stunt laying low and fasting.
He needs the rest.
Beginning Friday, Blaine will spend three days and three nights standing in the middle of a million volts of electric currents streamed by coils.
The feat is called "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On" and takes place at Pier 54 in New York City.
The 39-year-old will wear a chainmail bodysuit as a barrier between him and the electric currents. He will wear a wire helmet and protection for his eyes and ears. He won't be able to eat but will have a tube for water in and another for water out, so to speak.
The stunt will be open to the public and streamed online.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- The Clean Cut: Toddler can't help but run to...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over faith;...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 20
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 17
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 14
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 6