Evan Agostini, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — David Blaine is spending the days leading up to his next stunt laying low and fasting.
He needs the rest.
Beginning Friday, Blaine will spend three days and three nights standing in the middle of a million volts of electric currents streamed by coils.
The feat is called "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On" and takes place at Pier 54 in New York City.
The 39-year-old will wear a chainmail bodysuit as a barrier between him and the electric currents. He will wear a wire helmet and protection for his eyes and ears. He won't be able to eat but will have a tube for water in and another for water out, so to speak.
The stunt will be open to the public and streamed online.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Disney and Pixar movie quiz: 25 quotes from...
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling visits the...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- The Clean Cut: Modern-day good Samaritan...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 14
- Researchers: Patients have only... 12
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline... 7