Evan Agostini, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — David Blaine is spending the days leading up to his next stunt laying low and fasting.
He needs the rest.
Beginning Friday, Blaine will spend three days and three nights standing in the middle of a million volts of electric currents streamed by coils.
The feat is called "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On" and takes place at Pier 54 in New York City.
The 39-year-old will wear a chainmail bodysuit as a barrier between him and the electric currents. He will wear a wire helmet and protection for his eyes and ears. He won't be able to eat but will have a tube for water in and another for water out, so to speak.
The stunt will be open to the public and streamed online.
- One thing that changed my view of marriage...
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- The Clean Cut: 'Studio C' releases Marvel...
- 21 Shakespeare quotes shared in LDS general...
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Stronger quake may...
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- Blu-ray upgrade of ‘Escape From New...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 52
- One thing that changed my view of... 39
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't... 38
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 4
- Does an American child really go... 3
- The one joke we make about love may... 3