Our take: Beta Upsilon Chi (BYX), the largest Christian fraternity in the United States, recently formed a chapter at Yale University. A conflict between the fraternity's requirement that members be practicing Christians and the school's policy prohibiting groups from discriminating based on religion has brought BYX into campus headlines. This article from WORLD on Campus looks at the potential resolutions.
A newly approved Christian fraternity at Yale University may be denied official recognition and student group funding because it plans to restrict membership to men who believe in Jesus.
Just days after the leaders of Beta Upsilon Chi (BYX) announced the Yale chapter's formation, the student newspaper reported that the group "will have to change its membership rules if it intends to comply with Yale's anti-discrimination policies."
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 16
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5