TYLER SNYDER, Skyline, football: When Skyline needed him most, this senior quarterback came up huge.
With the Eagles trailing Hillcrest 35-21 heading into the fourth quarter last Friday, Snyder passed for a touchdown, recovered his own fumble in the end zone for a TD and then ran in the winning score with 26 seconds remaining to lead Skyline to the 42-35 win.
Snyder finished the game with 17 carries for 94 yards and two touchdowns, in addition to a pair of two-point conversion runs.
With three games remaining in the regular season, Snyder has racked up six passing TDs and six rushing TDs for the Region 7 leading Eagles, who are 3-0 in region play.
KATELYN PARKIN, Panguitch, volleyball: As the only senior on the Bobcats' volleyball team, Parkin has a special role on the squad.
"She's a great leader on the floor," said Panguitch volleyball coach Cherri Frandsen. "She's a team captain, and she takes care of the team. She's my rock. … The way she goes, that's the way the whole team goes. If she plays good, we win."
Parkin, a right side hitter who also plays basketball, works just as hard off the court maintaining a 4.0 GPA. She's helped lead the team to a 5-0 start in region play and a No. 3 ranking. In addition to her leadership skills, she's one of the team's most skilled players.
"She's a fantastic passer," Frandsen said. "She's very friendly, very positive."
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48