TYLER SNYDER, Skyline, football: When Skyline needed him most, this senior quarterback came up huge.
With the Eagles trailing Hillcrest 35-21 heading into the fourth quarter last Friday, Snyder passed for a touchdown, recovered his own fumble in the end zone for a TD and then ran in the winning score with 26 seconds remaining to lead Skyline to the 42-35 win.
Snyder finished the game with 17 carries for 94 yards and two touchdowns, in addition to a pair of two-point conversion runs.
With three games remaining in the regular season, Snyder has racked up six passing TDs and six rushing TDs for the Region 7 leading Eagles, who are 3-0 in region play.
KATELYN PARKIN, Panguitch, volleyball: As the only senior on the Bobcats' volleyball team, Parkin has a special role on the squad.
"She's a great leader on the floor," said Panguitch volleyball coach Cherri Frandsen. "She's a team captain, and she takes care of the team. She's my rock. … The way she goes, that's the way the whole team goes. If she plays good, we win."
Parkin, a right side hitter who also plays basketball, works just as hard off the court maintaining a 4.0 GPA. She's helped lead the team to a 5-0 start in region play and a No. 3 ranking. In addition to her leadership skills, she's one of the team's most skilled players.
"She's a fantastic passer," Frandsen said. "She's very friendly, very positive."
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 33
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 18
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14