Courtney Orton, Deseret News
I have been watching with interest the water grab by the Las Vegas Water District of Utah water in our west desert so they could fill more swimming pools and water features.
I have been wondering where the tree huggers in this fight were. Lo and behold, the tree huggers to the rescue in the form of a springsnail. For once, I agree with the wine-tasting, cheese-eating, hairy-legged do-gooders. This water grab needs to be stopped. What took the springsnail lovers so long?
Salt Lake City
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 93
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 44
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 38