Courtney Orton, Deseret News
I have been watching with interest the water grab by the Las Vegas Water District of Utah water in our west desert so they could fill more swimming pools and water features.
I have been wondering where the tree huggers in this fight were. Lo and behold, the tree huggers to the rescue in the form of a springsnail. For once, I agree with the wine-tasting, cheese-eating, hairy-legged do-gooders. This water grab needs to be stopped. What took the springsnail lovers so long?
Salt Lake City
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- Letter: Elected representatives
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 48
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 18
- Letter: Elected representatives 17