Courtney Orton, Deseret News
I have been watching with interest the water grab by the Las Vegas Water District of Utah water in our west desert so they could fill more swimming pools and water features.
I have been wondering where the tree huggers in this fight were. Lo and behold, the tree huggers to the rescue in the form of a springsnail. For once, I agree with the wine-tasting, cheese-eating, hairy-legged do-gooders. This water grab needs to be stopped. What took the springsnail lovers so long?
Salt Lake City
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 53
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 49
- Letter: Erratic protests 31
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23