Courtney Orton, Deseret News
I have been watching with interest the water grab by the Las Vegas Water District of Utah water in our west desert so they could fill more swimming pools and water features.
I have been wondering where the tree huggers in this fight were. Lo and behold, the tree huggers to the rescue in the form of a springsnail. For once, I agree with the wine-tasting, cheese-eating, hairy-legged do-gooders. This water grab needs to be stopped. What took the springsnail lovers so long?
Salt Lake City
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Michael Gerson: The new impression of Ebola...
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 34
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues 24