Courtney Orton, Deseret News
I have been watching with interest the water grab by the Las Vegas Water District of Utah water in our west desert so they could fill more swimming pools and water features.
I have been wondering where the tree huggers in this fight were. Lo and behold, the tree huggers to the rescue in the form of a springsnail. For once, I agree with the wine-tasting, cheese-eating, hairy-legged do-gooders. This water grab needs to be stopped. What took the springsnail lovers so long?
Salt Lake City
- In the words of Thomas Jefferson: Why...
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and Healthy...
- Letter: Medically fragile
- A. Scott Anderson: Healthy Utah is the...
- Michael Gerson: Christianity, grace...
- Jay Evensen: Don't turn prison relocation...
- Letter: Bear Lake driving
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront Islamic...
- Robert Bennett: Are Republican... 49
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 41
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Medically fragile 31
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- Allowing export of U.S. crude oil would... 22
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 22