SANDY — U.S. Soccer and Real Salt Lake announced on Monday that MF Luis Gil has been named to the U.S. Under-20 National Team for its upcoming friendlies against Canada, Scotland and Azerbaijan from Oct. 7-17 at the 2012 Marbella Cup in Marbella, Spain.
Gil will report to head coach Tab Ramos' U-20 squad following RSL's match at the L.A. Galaxy.
This is the first U.S. U-20 camp Gil will participate in during the 2012 MLS season. The 18-year-old MF was called-in to two previous U-20 camps during the regular season but did not participate in either, missing one due to injury and the other to stay with Real Salt Lake after other players got hurt.
Gil has played an important role for RSL this season, setting career highs by appearing in 26 league games, starting 16 league games and registering three assists and a goal.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20