SANDY — U.S. Soccer and Real Salt Lake announced on Monday that MF Luis Gil has been named to the U.S. Under-20 National Team for its upcoming friendlies against Canada, Scotland and Azerbaijan from Oct. 7-17 at the 2012 Marbella Cup in Marbella, Spain.
Gil will report to head coach Tab Ramos' U-20 squad following RSL's match at the L.A. Galaxy.
This is the first U.S. U-20 camp Gil will participate in during the 2012 MLS season. The 18-year-old MF was called-in to two previous U-20 camps during the regular season but did not participate in either, missing one due to injury and the other to stay with Real Salt Lake after other players got hurt.
Gil has played an important role for RSL this season, setting career highs by appearing in 26 league games, starting 16 league games and registering three assists and a goal.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20