SANDY — U.S. Soccer and Real Salt Lake announced on Monday that MF Luis Gil has been named to the U.S. Under-20 National Team for its upcoming friendlies against Canada, Scotland and Azerbaijan from Oct. 7-17 at the 2012 Marbella Cup in Marbella, Spain.
Gil will report to head coach Tab Ramos' U-20 squad following RSL's match at the L.A. Galaxy.
This is the first U.S. U-20 camp Gil will participate in during the 2012 MLS season. The 18-year-old MF was called-in to two previous U-20 camps during the regular season but did not participate in either, missing one due to injury and the other to stay with Real Salt Lake after other players got hurt.
Gil has played an important role for RSL this season, setting career highs by appearing in 26 league games, starting 16 league games and registering three assists and a goal.
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay forever
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- BYU football: Baker Pritchard discusses...
- Dick Harmon: Many expect Jabari Parker to...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Surviving the unthinkable: Utah lineman who...
- Forget Kaepernick, Taysom Hill should be...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 50
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 30
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24