SANDY — U.S. Soccer and Real Salt Lake announced on Monday that MF Luis Gil has been named to the U.S. Under-20 National Team for its upcoming friendlies against Canada, Scotland and Azerbaijan from Oct. 7-17 at the 2012 Marbella Cup in Marbella, Spain.
Gil will report to head coach Tab Ramos' U-20 squad following RSL's match at the L.A. Galaxy.
This is the first U.S. U-20 camp Gil will participate in during the 2012 MLS season. The 18-year-old MF was called-in to two previous U-20 camps during the regular season but did not participate in either, missing one due to injury and the other to stay with Real Salt Lake after other players got hurt.
Gil has played an important role for RSL this season, setting career highs by appearing in 26 league games, starting 16 league games and registering three assists and a goal.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26