Was: 9. Last week: Beat Pine View, 30-23. Outlook: The defense isn't as immovable as in years past, but it hasn't been an issue with great offensive production. Next up: at
13. Juan Diego (7-0)
Was: 15. Last week: Beat Uintah, 54-3. Outlook: Faces a tricky test this week on the road against Wasatch's outstanding passing game. Next up: at Wasatch, Friday.
14. Box Elder (5-2)
Was: 17. Last week: Lost to Mountain Crest, 20-13. Outlook: Dropped another heartbreaker to Mountain Crest, its sixth straight loss to the Mustangs. Next up: at Bonneville, Friday.
15. Riverton (4-3)
Was: 20. Last week: Beat Pleasant Grove, 21-14. Outlook: Defense came up big last week in a very important region victory over Pleasant Grove. Next up: vs. Lehi, Friday.
16. Brighton (5-2)
Was: 10. Last week: Lost to Cottonwood, 42-35. Outlook: The wheels are in danger of coming off for the Bengals after give up 90 combined points the past two weeks. Next up: vs. West Jordan, Friday.
17. Skyline (4-3)
Was: 21. Last week: Beat Hillcrest, 42-35. Outlook: The Eagles are still in the driver's seat for the Region 7 title after surviving a surprising scare from Hillcrest. Next up: at Westlake, Friday.
18. Herriman (5-2)
Was: 22. Last week: Beat Olympus, 42-9. Outlook: Offense got back on track with a convincing second half performance against Olympus. Next up: at Murray, Friday.
19. Highland (4-3)
Was: 23. Last week: Beat Woods Cross, 14-0. Outlook: Came up with a huge defensive effort by shutting out Woods Cross last week. Next up: at Cyprus, Friday.
20. Timpanogos (6-1)
Was: 18. Last week: Beat Mountain View, 13-7. Outlook: Timpview loss the week before seemed to have a carry-over effect as the T-Wolves narrowly beat Mountain View. Next up: vs. Maple Mountain, Thursday.
21. Woods Cross (5-2)
Was: 11. Last week: Lost to Highland, 14-0. Outlook: Came back to Earth a bit last week in a shutout loss to visiting Highland. Next up: at Clearfield, Friday.
22. Pleasant Grove (4-3)
Was: 19. Last week: Lost to Riverton, 21-14. Outlook: Following tough loss to Riverton, the schedule gets much tougher the final weeks of the season. Next up: vs. Lone Peak, Thursday.
23. Stansbury (7-0)
Was: 24. Last week: Beat Desert Hills, 12-7. Outlook: Rallied past Desert Hills in impressive fashion last week to maintain its perfect record. Next up: vs. Ogden, Friday.
24. Dixie (6-1)
Was: 25. Last week: Beat Canyon View, 54-13. Outlook: Cruised past Canyon View last week, and there's no reason it shouldn't do the same during its final two games. Next up: vs. Cedar, Friday.
25. Maple Mountain (6-1)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Provo, 42-7. Outlook: With games at Timpanogos and Orem the next two weeks, Golden Eagles control own destiny for home playoff game. Next up: at Timpanogos, Thursday.
Dropped out: No. 16 Davis
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 40
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 36
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 23
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 20