1. Jordan (5-1)
Was: 1. Last week: Lost to St. John Bosco, Calif., 34-33. Outlook: Last-second loss to St. John Bosco definitely stings, but losing two key players to injuries is a more significant long-term concern. Next up: at Cottonwood, Friday.
2. East (6-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat Cyprus, 66-10. Outlook: Ends the season with a bang with road games at Bountiful, Highland and Logan. Next up: at Bountiful, Friday.
3. Syracuse (7-0)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Northridge, 21-14. Outlook: In line for Region 1 title after gutty victory on the road against region rival Northridge. Next up: vs. Fremont, Friday.
4. Timpview (6-1)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat Orem, 34-12. Outlook: Plowed through Maple Mountain, Timpanogos and Orem the last three weeks, which realistically secured a Region 8 title. Next up: at Salem Hills, Thursday.
5. Lone Peak (5-2)
Was: 13. Last week: Beat Bingham, 21-17. Outlook: Impressive fourth-quarter comeback against Bingham vaulted the Knights back into serious contention in 5A. Next up: at Pleasant Grove, Thursday.
6. Alta (5-2)
Was: 3. Last week: Lost to Don Bosco, N.J., 52-24. Outlook: The Hawks have given up 30-plus points in four of seven games this year, which could be a concern in the playoffs. Next up: vs. Copper Hills, Friday.
7. Northridge (6-1)
Was: 6. Last week: Lost to Syracuse, 21-14. Outlook: Must regroup quickly after Syracuse loss because Layton is more than capable of making it two straight this weekend. Next up: at Layton, Friday.
8. Logan (6-1)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Sky View, 52-17. Outlook: Offense is clicking along at an unbelievable clip right now, but toughest region tests are yet to come. Next up: vs. Mountain Crest, Friday.
9. Bountiful (6-1)
Was: 12. Last week: Beat Clearfield, 35-0. Outlook: Hosts East this week in a game that will in all likelihood determine the Region 6 championship. Next up: vs. East, Friday.
10. Mountain Crest (5-2)
Was: 14. Last week: Beat Box Elder, 20-13. Outlook: Kept its region title hopes alive with narrow victory over Box Elder, but things get much tougher this week against Logan. Next up: at Logan, Friday.
11. Bingham (5-2)
Was: 5. Last week: Lost to Lone Peak, 21-17. Outlook: Couldn't close the deal in the fourth quarter, which likely means another runner-up finish in Region 4 this year. Next up: vs. American Fork, Friday.
12. Hurricane (7-0)
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 69
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- $150M in bribes, dozen schemes: US... 7