1. Jordan (5-1)
Was: 1. Last week: Lost to St. John Bosco, Calif., 34-33. Outlook: Last-second loss to St. John Bosco definitely stings, but losing two key players to injuries is a more significant long-term concern. Next up: at Cottonwood, Friday.
2. East (6-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat Cyprus, 66-10. Outlook: Ends the season with a bang with road games at Bountiful, Highland and Logan. Next up: at Bountiful, Friday.
3. Syracuse (7-0)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Northridge, 21-14. Outlook: In line for Region 1 title after gutty victory on the road against region rival Northridge. Next up: vs. Fremont, Friday.
4. Timpview (6-1)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat Orem, 34-12. Outlook: Plowed through Maple Mountain, Timpanogos and Orem the last three weeks, which realistically secured a Region 8 title. Next up: at Salem Hills, Thursday.
5. Lone Peak (5-2)
Was: 13. Last week: Beat Bingham, 21-17. Outlook: Impressive fourth-quarter comeback against Bingham vaulted the Knights back into serious contention in 5A. Next up: at Pleasant Grove, Thursday.
6. Alta (5-2)
Was: 3. Last week: Lost to Don Bosco, N.J., 52-24. Outlook: The Hawks have given up 30-plus points in four of seven games this year, which could be a concern in the playoffs. Next up: vs. Copper Hills, Friday.
7. Northridge (6-1)
Was: 6. Last week: Lost to Syracuse, 21-14. Outlook: Must regroup quickly after Syracuse loss because Layton is more than capable of making it two straight this weekend. Next up: at Layton, Friday.
8. Logan (6-1)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Sky View, 52-17. Outlook: Offense is clicking along at an unbelievable clip right now, but toughest region tests are yet to come. Next up: vs. Mountain Crest, Friday.
9. Bountiful (6-1)
Was: 12. Last week: Beat Clearfield, 35-0. Outlook: Hosts East this week in a game that will in all likelihood determine the Region 6 championship. Next up: vs. East, Friday.
10. Mountain Crest (5-2)
Was: 14. Last week: Beat Box Elder, 20-13. Outlook: Kept its region title hopes alive with narrow victory over Box Elder, but things get much tougher this week against Logan. Next up: at Logan, Friday.
11. Bingham (5-2)
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- BYU basketball: Cougars leery of facing...
- Tournament central: 4A boys basketball live...
- High school boys basketball: Bountiful...
- High school boys basketball: Pleasant Grove...
- Tournament central: 5A boys championship live...
- High school boys basketball: Orem shoots past...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 46
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Former BYU quarterback John Beck signs... 22