1. Jordan (5-1)
Was: 1. Last week: Lost to St. John Bosco, Calif., 34-33. Outlook: Last-second loss to St. John Bosco definitely stings, but losing two key players to injuries is a more significant long-term concern. Next up: at Cottonwood, Friday.
2. East (6-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat Cyprus, 66-10. Outlook: Ends the season with a bang with road games at Bountiful, Highland and Logan. Next up: at Bountiful, Friday.
3. Syracuse (7-0)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Northridge, 21-14. Outlook: In line for Region 1 title after gutty victory on the road against region rival Northridge. Next up: vs. Fremont, Friday.
4. Timpview (6-1)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat Orem, 34-12. Outlook: Plowed through Maple Mountain, Timpanogos and Orem the last three weeks, which realistically secured a Region 8 title. Next up: at Salem Hills, Thursday.
5. Lone Peak (5-2)
Was: 13. Last week: Beat Bingham, 21-17. Outlook: Impressive fourth-quarter comeback against Bingham vaulted the Knights back into serious contention in 5A. Next up: at Pleasant Grove, Thursday.
6. Alta (5-2)
Was: 3. Last week: Lost to Don Bosco, N.J., 52-24. Outlook: The Hawks have given up 30-plus points in four of seven games this year, which could be a concern in the playoffs. Next up: vs. Copper Hills, Friday.
7. Northridge (6-1)
Was: 6. Last week: Lost to Syracuse, 21-14. Outlook: Must regroup quickly after Syracuse loss because Layton is more than capable of making it two straight this weekend. Next up: at Layton, Friday.
8. Logan (6-1)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Sky View, 52-17. Outlook: Offense is clicking along at an unbelievable clip right now, but toughest region tests are yet to come. Next up: vs. Mountain Crest, Friday.
9. Bountiful (6-1)
Was: 12. Last week: Beat Clearfield, 35-0. Outlook: Hosts East this week in a game that will in all likelihood determine the Region 6 championship. Next up: vs. East, Friday.
10. Mountain Crest (5-2)
Was: 14. Last week: Beat Box Elder, 20-13. Outlook: Kept its region title hopes alive with narrow victory over Box Elder, but things get much tougher this week against Logan. Next up: at Logan, Friday.
11. Bingham (5-2)
Was: 5. Last week: Lost to Lone Peak, 21-17. Outlook: Couldn't close the deal in the fourth quarter, which likely means another runner-up finish in Region 4 this year. Next up: vs. American Fork, Friday.
12. Hurricane (7-0)
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 53
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28