BYU football: Cougars unveil 'blackout' uniforms for Oregon State matchup
The BYU Cougars will wear all-black uniforms for the first time in the modern era when they face Oregon State on Oct. 13.
The uniforms, which were announced in a press release on BYUCougars.com, feature a black shirt with bright blue stripes and white numbers, black pants with blue stripes, and a matte-finish charcoal-black helmet featuring the traditional oval Y logo in white and blue.
While the black color scheme is a first for BYU, the overall design is similar to the Cougars' traditional uniforms, which the official press release says is intentional.
"The uniform was designed to have the same striping and maintain an element of tradition, while also creating a fun atmosphere for the team and the fans," BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall told BYUCougars.com. "Our plan is to wear the uniforms for this one game."
Oregon State is BYU's Homecoming opponent on Oct. 13, and the game will be broadcast regionally on ABC at 1:30 p.m. MT.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21