BYU football: Cougars unveil 'blackout' uniforms for Oregon State matchup
The BYU Cougars will wear all-black uniforms for the first time in the modern era when they face Oregon State on Oct. 13.
The uniforms, which were announced in a press release on BYUCougars.com, feature a black shirt with bright blue stripes and white numbers, black pants with blue stripes, and a matte-finish charcoal-black helmet featuring the traditional oval Y logo in white and blue.
While the black color scheme is a first for BYU, the overall design is similar to the Cougars' traditional uniforms, which the official press release says is intentional.
"The uniform was designed to have the same striping and maintain an element of tradition, while also creating a fun atmosphere for the team and the fans," BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall told BYUCougars.com. "Our plan is to wear the uniforms for this one game."
Oregon State is BYU's Homecoming opponent on Oct. 13, and the game will be broadcast regionally on ABC at 1:30 p.m. MT.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 132
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 59
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33