BYU football: Cougars unveil 'blackout' uniforms for Oregon State matchup
The BYU Cougars will wear all-black uniforms for the first time in the modern era when they face Oregon State on Oct. 13.
The uniforms, which were announced in a press release on BYUCougars.com, feature a black shirt with bright blue stripes and white numbers, black pants with blue stripes, and a matte-finish charcoal-black helmet featuring the traditional oval Y logo in white and blue.
While the black color scheme is a first for BYU, the overall design is similar to the Cougars' traditional uniforms, which the official press release says is intentional.
"The uniform was designed to have the same striping and maintain an element of tradition, while also creating a fun atmosphere for the team and the fans," BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall told BYUCougars.com. "Our plan is to wear the uniforms for this one game."
Oregon State is BYU's Homecoming opponent on Oct. 13, and the game will be broadcast regionally on ABC at 1:30 p.m. MT.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26