BYU football: Cougars unveil 'blackout' uniforms for Oregon State matchup
The BYU Cougars will wear all-black uniforms for the first time in the modern era when they face Oregon State on Oct. 13.
The uniforms, which were announced in a press release on BYUCougars.com, feature a black shirt with bright blue stripes and white numbers, black pants with blue stripes, and a matte-finish charcoal-black helmet featuring the traditional oval Y logo in white and blue.
While the black color scheme is a first for BYU, the overall design is similar to the Cougars' traditional uniforms, which the official press release says is intentional.
"The uniform was designed to have the same striping and maintain an element of tradition, while also creating a fun atmosphere for the team and the fans," BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall told BYUCougars.com. "Our plan is to wear the uniforms for this one game."
Oregon State is BYU's Homecoming opponent on Oct. 13, and the game will be broadcast regionally on ABC at 1:30 p.m. MT.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48