BYU football: Cougars unveil 'blackout' uniforms for Oregon State matchup
The BYU Cougars will wear all-black uniforms for the first time in the modern era when they face Oregon State on Oct. 13.
The uniforms, which were announced in a press release on BYUCougars.com, feature a black shirt with bright blue stripes and white numbers, black pants with blue stripes, and a matte-finish charcoal-black helmet featuring the traditional oval Y logo in white and blue.
While the black color scheme is a first for BYU, the overall design is similar to the Cougars' traditional uniforms, which the official press release says is intentional.
"The uniform was designed to have the same striping and maintain an element of tradition, while also creating a fun atmosphere for the team and the fans," BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall told BYUCougars.com. "Our plan is to wear the uniforms for this one game."
Oregon State is BYU's Homecoming opponent on Oct. 13, and the game will be broadcast regionally on ABC at 1:30 p.m. MT.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21