Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz kicked off the 2012-13 season Monday with their annual media day, welcoming 18 players to training camp, including several new players that are expected to contribute this season.
"We're all set to go," said third-year Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin in front of a media throng at the Zions Bank Basketball Center. "We have a few different guys on the floor. We'll go through training camp and we have some ideas of things we're going to change."
Among the new players are forward Marvin Williams, who played for several years in Atlanta, Mo Williams, who began his career in Utah and guard Randy Foye, a six-year veteran, who last played with the Los Angeles Clippers.
"It's great to be here," said Mo Williams, who was drafted by the Jazz in 2003 and has since played for Milwaukee, Cleveland and the Clippers. "This is the most exciting time with training camp about to start. We're ready to work and our goal is to win as many games as possible."
One player missing Monday was Raja Bell, who is under contract with the Jazz, but wasn't invited to participate in camp.
Corbin, owner Greg Miller and general manager Dennis Lindsey each declined to talk about the Bell situation when asked.
The Jazz will officially begin practicing Tuesday and practice twice a day for the rest of the week. On Saturday, the Jazz will hold an open scrimmage at the EnergySolutions Arena and their first exhibition game will be Monday night at Golden State.
The first home exhibition game will be Oct. 12 against Oklahoma City with home games against the Clippers on Oct. 20 and Portland on Oct. 26.
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Deseret News Classic: Allie Moore repeats as...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Utah State's Keeton getting Heisman hype
- Salt Lake City's Smyth reclaims 10K title,...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 112
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 65
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 51
- ACC media days has some interesting... 46
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 31
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 28
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 24