Francois Mori, Associated Press
PARIS — "Palatable, everyday." That's how Stella McCartney, backstage, describes her fresh, optimistic and relaxed spring-summer outing.
If she hoped the collection to be everyday, the show itself — in the gilded foyer of the Paris Opera Garnier with ornate, swinging double chandeliers in gold , not to mention the famous faces like Kate Moss, Salma Hayek and McCartney's former Beatle father Paul — was not.
It's hard to be casual when you were born with one of the most famous dads on the planet — but she got full marks for trying.
Silhouettes ignored the waist, with a cool, low-slung belted vibe, and the big curves of last season were gone.
Thinking outside the box, McCartney created some fantastic elliptical curves in vibrant saffron yellow and forest green.
With delicate dense knife pleats these ellipses visually sculpted a feminine shape that was highly flattering to busts and waists, like a geometric hourglass.
Some of the broderie anglaise looks added a play on transparency, but the best of the show came with an on-trend safari theme.
Black and white camouflage print looked fantastic on a silky jumpsuit, worn by sassy model of the moment Karli Kloss.
This look wasn't exactly everyday, but it's sure going to sell.
Follow Thomas Adamson at http:/ /Twitter.com/ThomasAdamsonAP
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking end of...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their...
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether Colbert...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 21
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows... 3
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s... 2
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza... 1
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether... 1
- Athletes using sports platforms to push... 0