Francois Mori, Associated Press
PARIS — "Palatable, everyday." That's how Stella McCartney, backstage, describes her fresh, optimistic and relaxed spring-summer outing.
If she hoped the collection to be everyday, the show itself — in the gilded foyer of the Paris Opera Garnier with ornate, swinging double chandeliers in gold , not to mention the famous faces like Kate Moss, Salma Hayek and McCartney's former Beatle father Paul — was not.
It's hard to be casual when you were born with one of the most famous dads on the planet — but she got full marks for trying.
Silhouettes ignored the waist, with a cool, low-slung belted vibe, and the big curves of last season were gone.
Thinking outside the box, McCartney created some fantastic elliptical curves in vibrant saffron yellow and forest green.
With delicate dense knife pleats these ellipses visually sculpted a feminine shape that was highly flattering to busts and waists, like a geometric hourglass.
Some of the broderie anglaise looks added a play on transparency, but the best of the show came with an on-trend safari theme.
Black and white camouflage print looked fantastic on a silky jumpsuit, worn by sassy model of the moment Karli Kloss.
This look wasn't exactly everyday, but it's sure going to sell.
Follow Thomas Adamson at http:/ /Twitter.com/ThomasAdamsonAP
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- PBS science correspondent Miles O'Brien says...
- Engaging calypso fairy tale unfolds in 'Once...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Dancing for Food: Dance event raises $40K for...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 67
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 10
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 7
- PBS science correspondent Miles O'Brien... 1
- First look at modernized 'Annie'... 1