He said the coaching by the FAST Team, including Alex Izykowski, was dramatically different as evidenced by his personal success.
Simon had to qualify for time trials and was very nervous entering the week.
"I didn't have that confidence that I used to have, especially being gone 18 months," Simon said. "I'm getting that feeling back. I didn't anticipate doing so well. I'm very glad that I came and I did it, especially here. I'm ready. I know I'm ready to attack at these World Cups. . I'm back. I'm healthy. I'm angry. I want to do this."
He feels bad that Cho won't have that chance.
He believes Cho deserves leniency if the tampering allegations are proven.
"When you have someody with such authority and power telling you 'do this or there will be consequences,' you can't just dismiss that altogether," Simon said.
Cho, who fled to France for three months to escape the stress of the situation, has set his sights on the December trials that will determine who skates in the second half of the World Cup season and World Championships.
"I'm thankful for the little support I do have now," Cho said. "It may not be much, but at this point it means everything."
Scott, who supported the grievance but pulled out of the arbitration, feels for Cho.
"He is my teammate, my boyfriend and I just let him know I'm here and will continue to be here for him," said Scott, who had a pair of second-place finishes this week. "It's really sad. He is an Olympic medalist and his name is known and nobody wants to go out with these accusations. No matter what, he has to move on."
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28