He said the coaching by the FAST Team, including Alex Izykowski, was dramatically different as evidenced by his personal success.
Simon had to qualify for time trials and was very nervous entering the week.
"I didn't have that confidence that I used to have, especially being gone 18 months," Simon said. "I'm getting that feeling back. I didn't anticipate doing so well. I'm very glad that I came and I did it, especially here. I'm ready. I know I'm ready to attack at these World Cups. . I'm back. I'm healthy. I'm angry. I want to do this."
He feels bad that Cho won't have that chance.
He believes Cho deserves leniency if the tampering allegations are proven.
"When you have someody with such authority and power telling you 'do this or there will be consequences,' you can't just dismiss that altogether," Simon said.
Cho, who fled to France for three months to escape the stress of the situation, has set his sights on the December trials that will determine who skates in the second half of the World Cup season and World Championships.
"I'm thankful for the little support I do have now," Cho said. "It may not be much, but at this point it means everything."
Scott, who supported the grievance but pulled out of the arbitration, feels for Cho.
"He is my teammate, my boyfriend and I just let him know I'm here and will continue to be here for him," said Scott, who had a pair of second-place finishes this week. "It's really sad. He is an Olympic medalist and his name is known and nobody wants to go out with these accusations. No matter what, he has to move on."
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 46
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39